It is said that we are made of everything that surrounds us, and I believe these words to hold utmost importance and truth. Everything that is around you affects you in every possible way, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The same thing is explained in Chinese culture; the concept of Feng Shui explains that everything and everyone has their own energy and affects you in different ways, some things have great negative energy that reduces the positivity and happiness around you and takes your mental peace away. In the same way, the things and people who have more good power affect you in a positive way. Therefore, it is of great importance that you choose things and people that surround you with great attention and care. So for your help, here is a list of things that you can do to improve your surroundings and simultaneously improve your emotional and mental health.
- Redecorate a little -The first step to improve your mood and keeping it on the good side, it’s important to, first of all, redecorate your own personal space from changing old furniture around your bedroom and living area to deciding what to include in the areas where you spend most of your time. Once you do this, you will start noticing the difference in your mood as you step back into your living space.
- Include lots of colours- To make your surroundings more cheerful and exciting, the best thing you can do is add a lot of colours to your home. You can select a new colour for your walls; you can shop for beautiful paintings or bed sheets and rugs. These small things can make a huge impact on your environment and, in turn, your mood.
- Throw out useless/broken stuff- Now, change is not only about adding in only but also separating yourself from the old things that are broken or are not in use anymore. The things that are not being used for a long period of time do gather a lot of negativity into them, and the clustering of objects creates a depressing kind of atmosphere around you. Therefore, it is highly suggested that you put all those kinds of stuff out of your home. You will instantly feel more organized, and the space would give a different vibe altogether.
- Add some greens- Greenery makes everyone happy; the lush sight is something we all love and miss. Therefore, it’s a fantastic idea to include some indoor plants into your home to add some positive aura to it. Besides making you happy, indoor plants have several other benefits like many plants can actually purify the air you breathe in, plants like bamboo and bonsai are believed to bring luck into your life. They are literally like one of the best investments you can make in your health and mental peace.
- Flowers are the key- I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like flowers; the bewitching fragrance, exotic looks and beautiful colours are enough to make anyone’s day better. Now, imagine seeing these wonderful blossoms as soon as you step into your home. The stress of the entire day would just melt away, and you can order fresh flowers whenever you have some time to spare and can get them through floweraura flower delivery in Delhi or anywhere you are. I assure you a vase full of pretty flowers will change the entire look of your place and the way you see it.
- Get Extra Cozy- Being comfortable and having a good night sleep is essential for you to be able to work and think efficiently. Lack of sleep tires your brain, make your body ache and in turn, your brain releases unhappy hormones making you depressed and sad. So, do not shy away from investing in a great orthopaedic mattress and a comfortable and cosy blanket. The cleaner and more comfortable the bedding is, the better your sleep would be.
- Use some fragrance- Most of the time, we don’t notice it as we get used to it, but everyone and everything has its own odour. As smell is a critical sense we possess, it impacts our mood considerably. So to keep the bad smells that ruin your day at bay, it’s advised that you use some kind of fragrance of your choice. You can use air fresheners, burning essence or some scented candles, but whatever you go for, remember to choose a fragrance that soothes you, not some overpowering fragrance that has some adverse effects, as it is essential to choose carefully.
- Make it like you- We bond well with people we like and who like us back, then why keep your surroundings out of this? Make your surroundings like you, keep the area fresh and clean, treat your things and people around you with respect and honour, show your appreciation for them. By making some minor changes in your behaviour, you will get excellent results.